Saturday 29 May 2010

reality bites

What is reality? It’s a question that I’m sure has been better dealt with by philosophers past and present. But it is a puzzle still. I suspect that it is a very personal and distinct concept for each.
I remember being about four and wondering when I would wake up from the dream and start life properly. I’m not sure this has really changed much in the 20+ years since... no matter that I rationally know that this is my life and not a practice run, it is forgotten more often than not, and requires an effort of will to remember.
It can help explain the different outlooks people have; some are forward planning whilst others live purely in the moment, some in a fun way, but others just in a day-to-day blinkered existence.

1 comment:

  1. The gnostic anxiety.

    There is some fiction in your truth and some truth in your fiction.

    ReplyDelete